Sunday, January 13, 2013

Welcome to the Evolving Photographer

Welcome to the Evolving Photographer

I've been dabbling in amateur photography for a few years, and have finally decided to try and truly learn about the craft, and not just rely on what my eye sees as "right." To that end, I am attempting to do a variety of photo exercises to improve and learn, and will be posting both the exercises and all results here.

My first series of exercises will come from the Bill Smith book "Designing a Photograph." I'm not a fan of Mr. Smith's photography style, to be honest, but his book definitely reminds the amateur photographer of a number of things to keep in mind when finding a location, composing shots, and carefully executing them. But, the biggest positive on the book is the second chapter, which is filled with nine different photography exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment