Saturday, February 2, 2013

Egg Exercise - Lighting

So I thought that I would do a bit of the egg exercise - lighting an egg and seeing how you can do some different things with one light source available to you. I used a folded sheet of paper to act as a simple reflector, as well.

Of course, balancing two cutting boards with a box of crackers resulted in a small accident halfway through. On the plus side, the cracks made for interesting patterns (and one interesting photo where a small chip was my subject, rather than the full egg). One important lesson learned - be sure to boil your eggs before attempting this! I'm klutzy enough that I knew to do that ahead of time.

Equipment Used  


Nikon D3100 Camera, 35mm f/1.8 lens
Two Cutting Boards
One Egg
One L.L. Bean Camping Light
One white piece of paper

Images


No comments:

Post a Comment