Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Announcing a Photo Project: DC in Motion


Today, I, the Evolving Photographer, am proud to announce that I will be undertaking a project to document the the riders of the D.C. Metro - their experiences, their frustrations - everything. Talk to anyone here, and they will gripe to you about the broken escalators, long delays, constant track maintenance. We read about it in the Washington Post almost daily. But what does any of that mean?

Well, let's see what it means. Literally. WMATA, the governing body of the Metro, does not regulate the usage of handheld photographic equipment so long as the user does not interfere with or impede the operation of the Metro. So myself and my camera will be taking a trip to the various Metro lines with the goal of showing you what it's like here in the American capital.

All of my posts on this project will be tagged with "ProjectDC." I will still be doing my usual (more frequent, I swear) postings on photography and the various things that I learn. Check back for updates, or keep up with the project via my Twitter account - @511Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment